Are you looking for an idea of a business to start with KSh1,000? I have compiled a few ideas here. For all business ideas below, marketing should be by word of mouth or through your personal Facebook account to limit expenses.
- Mobile nail art services. All you need is the skill and a variety of nail care products. The nail polish and nail art products cost less than KSh1, 000.
- Hair braiding from a work station in someone’s salon or by visiting clients at home. You only need braiding skills and a comb (it costs less than KSh50). A customer will buy the braids, weave or other product needed. For work stations, you agree on a cost sharing ratio with the salon owner. It can be on a 60-40 or 40-60 ratio.
- Affiliate marketing for ecommerce stores like Kilimall through your personal social media account. You only need internet bundles.
- Selling earrings and bangles by buying them at KSh20 and retailing at about KSh30 – Ksh35.
- Selling mitumba items like socks and ladies tops. Such mitumba costs as low as KSh10 per item so you can make 100% profit out of each item sold.
- Selling combs, hair bands, hair pins and other grooming accessories. Most of these items cost about KSh20 wholesale so your Ksh1, 000 will buy a variety of such items.
If you have been looking for small business ideas in Kenya with a small capital investment, now you have a few to get you started.